Are your readers roaming a blinking carnival of buttons, ads, graphics, words? Research shows that design is as important as content.
If yours evokes a carnival atmosphere, try a simple edit.
- Don’t need it? Delete it.
- Use headlines/subheads on pages with text.
- Use bullets.
- Discern your main message, support with three subpoints, summarize.
- Links losing your readers in the internet forest? Make sure they can return to a previous page.
- Graphics overload? Study clearly organized sites, or seek design assistance.
” . . . eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary may speak.”-Hans Hoffman
For a wonderful way to learn and network, I’m participating in the 2011 WordCount Blogathon for freelance writers.-Marcy